Cleaning (Disinfecting) Instructions for MaxPlus Blood Coolers
At MaxQ, our primary goal is to support our hospital, blood center and diagnostic lab service providers as we fight this pandemic. We received a few requests from hospital blood banks requesting support in establishing cleaning, disinfecting protocol for MaxPlus family of Blood Coolers.
These instructions apply for cleaning (disinfecting) the following MaxPlus products:
1. MaxPlus Blood cooler (SKU# R10MB, RT10MB, R12MB, R14MB, MTP14MB)
2. MaxPlus EMT cooler (SKU# EMT10VIP)
3. MaxPlus Alpha cooler (SKU#A12MB)
MaxQ’s MaxPlus blood coolers are recommended to be cleaned with commercially available cleaning products that can be used on plastic surfaces. Some of the recommended cleaning products are:
· Sani Cloth
· OR wipes
· 6 – 8% Hydrogen Peroxide solution
· 10% Bleach solution
The MaxPlus blood coolers are manufactured with a plastic that is chemically inert, with a NIL pH factor. Most oils, solvents and water have no effect, allowing it to perform even when exposed to harsh chemicals.
A downloadable one-page version of this procedure can be accessed using the link below
If you need assistance with implementing this cleaning protocol, patient specimen packaging, or transfusion blood product storage and transport, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our expert team is standing by to support you in any way possible.
1. Chemical disinfectants: Guideline for Disinfection and Sterilization in Healthcare Facilities. Accessed from: https://www.cdc.gov/infectioncontrol/guidelines/disinfection/disinfection-methods/chemical.html#Hydrogen
2. Sastri, V.R., 6 - Commodity Thermoplastics: Polyvinyl Chloride, Polyolefins, and Polystyrene, in Plastics in Medical Devices (Second Edition), V.R. Sastri, Editor. 2014, William Andrew Publishing: Oxford. p. 73-12