How MAXQ Can Help Blood Banks Seeking Better Blood Transport Materials
MAXQ is an advanced materials R&D firm that reconsidered the requirements of today’s blood banks.
Then we created a turnkey system of blood transport and storage materials that provide better efficiency, simpler compliance, and lower overall costs.
Here are all the items in the checklist for blood banks seeking blood transport solutions, filled in when considering the capabilities of MAXQ’s advanced packaging.
1. Capacity: How many units of blood can be carried?
MAXQ provides the highest usable volume per dimensional weight, with unmatched payload-to-size efficiency.
2. Weight: What is the weight when fully loaded with cooling materials and blood products?
MAXQ has designed every element of the system for optimized dimensional weight to reduce all shipping and packaging costs per unit.
3. Cooling materials: Are payload-specific cooling materials included in the packaging system?
MAXQ’s turnkey systems include optimized temperature control agents for unprecedented thermal performance. Test results are available on request.
4. Shipping duration: How long will the packaging system keep the correct temperature?
MAXQ provides longer temperature hold time, as documented in repeated testing. Test results are available on request.
5. Durability: Can the cold box survive the normal shocks and impacts it will be exposed to?
All cold boxes have been rigorously pre-qualified for consistent pack-out performance with high durability.
6. Method of transport: Is the packaging suitable for transport by blood bank fleet, volunteer drivers, door-to-door specialty couriers, or third-party logistics providers such as UPS or Fedex?
Yes, MAXQ’s system is suitable and cost-effective for all methods of transport.
7. Price: Which cold box meets all the requirements listed above for the lowest cost? Does this include the cost of original materials, shipping costs for fully loaded weights, and how many times the materials can be reused?
When factoring in every item that contributes to overall costs (packaging + shipping + blood product wastage minus reuse) MAXQ provides lower costs per unit shipped or stored.
8. Purpose-designed: Have all the materials and pack-outs been designed specifically for transporting blood products? Does the design include advanced insulation technology and innovative pack-out design to increase capacity, extend shipping duration, and lower total cost?
Yes, from MAXQ.
9. Integrated system from a single source: Do all the materials belong to an integrated, turnkey system from one vendor?
Yes, from MAXQ.
10. Flexibility: Does the system provide all the components necessary to successfully package every type of blood product?
Yes, from MAXQ.
11. Pre-validation: Does the system carry its own pre-validation report to save buyer’s time and money on evaluation and compliance?
Yes, every item in the MAXQ product line has been pre-validated to save you time and effort in testing and compliance.
12. Product wastage: Does the cold transport system reduce costly wastage of blood and blood products?
Yes, current MAXQ customers report reduced blood product wastage, with zero losses to date.
To find out more about how your blood bank can benefit from MAXQ’s advanced packaging, contact us here!